According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 there were 5,376 pedestrians killed and an estimated 70,000 injured in traffic cases. These types of accidents can happen when a driver is reckless or negligent behind the wheel, and they can leave you injured and ask, “Can I receive compensation?”
If You’re Involved In A Pedestrian Accident
You may have several options for making a claim for compensation, but we always advise the following steps after an accident with a vehicle:
- Call for Emergency help if injured.
- Call the police to file for a report.
- Gather names or identifying information of the drivers involved.
- Take photos of the damage done to vehicles and the scene where the accident occurred.
- Notify insurance companies of the accident
- Call Morris Haynes for a free consultation of your case to get started.
Whoever played a role in causing your accident should be held responsible, whether this is a negligent driver that was distracted or intoxicated or a county or city that failed to address a broken traffic light or poorly maintained streets.
Damages In A Pedestrian Accident Case
In a personal injury case, damages are meant to compensate the injured person for all harm that was suffered. The types of damages that can be claimed are:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
These damages can be immediate and ongoing depending on the severity of the injuries. Morris Haynes will work with you at every step of the way until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Get Legal Counsel From Morris Haynes Law
At Morris Haynes, our experienced personal injury attorneys will spend the time and resources necessary to maximize the value of your case. Call us today at (205) 973-6915 or schedule a free consultation of your case.